- You think you KNOW how to pronounce "chalcedony."
- You are thinking about giving out specimens for
- You planted flowers in your rock garden.
- You purchase things like drywall compound just to have
another nice bucket to carry rocks in.
- The club you belong to uses rocks for centerpieces for
the annual Christmas dinner.
- The first thing you pack for your vacation is a chisel and
- You spend hours and hours in the ugliest room in your
- You give directions like, "turn right at the green
- You bought the ugliest boots available because they were
- You know what "findings" are for.
- You watch the scenery in movies instead of the actors.
- They won't give you time off from work to attend the
Tucson Gem and Mineral Show, but you go anyway.
- You begin fussing because the light strips you installed
on your bookshelves aren't full spectrum.
- You've spent more than ten dollars for a rock.
- You've spent more than ten dollars for a book about
- You still think pet rocks are a pretty neat idea.
- You have amethyst in your aquarium.
- You associate the word "hard" with a value on the Mohs
scale instead of "work."
- You know the location of every rock shop within a
100-mile radius of your home.
- You're retired and still thinking of adding another room
to your house.
- You're planning on using a pick and shovel while you're